Treasurer's Office

The City Treasurer's Office services the public and City of Mount Clemens departments by providing efficient, expedient assistance in processing funds. We will project a friendly and ethical manner as we ensure fair treatment within legal guidelines.


The City Treasurer's Office serves as the main collection point for monies owed the City and for the collection of taxes owed to other taxing entities within the jurisdiction of the City of Mount Clemens. Those entities are as follows:

                          • Mount Clemens Public Schools
                          • MISD
                          • Macomb Community College
                          • L'anse Creuse Public Schools
                          • Mount Clemens Public Library
                          • Macomb County
                          • State of Michigan Education Tax

Payments can be made at the Treasurer's Office by mail or at Mount Clemens City Hall for the following City services:

                          • Animal Licensing
                          • Building Permits
                          • Current Year Property Tax Bills
                          • Gazebo Rentals
                          • Invoices
                          • Parking Permits for downtown City lots
                          • Parking Tickets (After May 7, 2007)
                          • Property Tax Bills
                          • Special Assessments
                          • Water Bills
                          • Water Connection Fees

After-hours payments may be made at the night deposit box located inside Mount Clemens City Hall's main doors. When making a payment after 8 a.m. on the due date, please bring your payment directly to the Treasurer's Office, located on the first floor of Mount Clemens City Hall. Otherwise, your payment will be marked as having been received the following business day, and penalty fees may apply.


Frequently Asked Questions:

 How can I find out how much I owe on my taxes?

Contact the City Treasurer's Office at 586-469-6800 ext. 2

 Do you accept partial tax payment?

Yes, after July 1 for summer tax bills, and after December 1 for winter tax bills.

 Do you accept payments that are postmarked with the payment due date?

Yes, for property taxes and parking ticket payments only. The postmark must be legible and dated by the due date by the United States Postal Service. Postmarks are accepted for up to seven (7) calendar days after the due date.

 What are the charges for late tax payments?

Summer taxes that are not paid or postmarked by September 15 are charged a four (4) percent penalty on the unpaid balance. Winter taxes that are not paid or postmarked by February 28 are sent to Macomb County for collection.

 How can I find out how my taxes were calculated?

Assessments of property in Mount Clemens are made annually by the City Assessor's Office. For questions about the assessment of your property, contact the City Assessor's Office at 586-469-6818 ext. 306 or view calculating information.  

 Can I pay my taxes with a credit card or check?

Payment options include:
  • Cash
  • Check or Money Order, payable to: City of Mount Clemens
  • Credit or Debit Card
  • Online payments click here
  • Pay by phone at 855-248-6735  

 Why am I paying service charges when there is no usage?

Every household is billed for service charges whether or not usage occurs - even if the water has been turned off. These charges fund the maintenance and upkeep of the water and sewage systems.

 How can I find out if any personal property taxes are outstanding on the business?

Search Assessing and Tax information about a property by clicking here.

 How can I find out what I paid in taxes last year?

Search Assessing and Tax information about a property by clicking here.

 When does the Board of Review meet?

Three times each year - in March, July and December.

 Why do I pay more taxes than my neighbor when our assessed values are the same?

Taxes are calculated based on taxable value. For an explanation of how taxes are calculated refer to Tax Bills.

 How do I find out if there are any special assessments on my property?

Contact the City Treasurer's Office at 586-469-6818 ext. 1.

 How do I find out why I received a delinquent tax bill from the Macomb Cty Treasurer?

Contact the Macomb County Treasurer's Office at 586-469-5190.

 Where do I purchase dog licenses?

Visit the Treasurer's Office on the 1st floor of City Hall. Please be sure to bring your dog's rabies vaccination certificate.

 How do I check for leaks?

Consult Do You Have a Toilet Leak? You may also read your meter at night and check it first thing in the morning before using any water. If any numbers have changed you have a leak. Contact a plumber immediately. The City of Mount Clemens cannot adjust bills due to water leaks.